- The CCT will provide an environmentally-friendly alternative transportation option for accessing jobs and growing destinations in the I-270 corridor of Montgomery County.
- The CCT will provide connectivity to other forms of public transportation serving Montgomery County and the Greater Washington, DC area including MARC commuter rail services, local and regional bus, and Metrorail.
- The CCT will operate entirely on an exclusive transitway to maintain competitive travel times for people traveling both long and shorter distances.
- The CCT will provide access to growing transit-oriented destinations throughout Montgomery County, including those in Germantown, Metropolitan Grove (Watkins Mill), and Gaithersburg.
- The CCT will feature a hiker-biker trail as an important means of providing connectivity to surrounding communities.